Invest your balance or keep it in Prime Trust? You decide!
At the moment, your deposits earn 4% APY through our instant access account, a secured lending pool with unlimited free withdrawals.
We introduced the instant access account in September 2019 (previously called Flex) offering bank-beating interest on your balance, compounded and paid every second.
But recently we got thinking…
Shouldn’t it be up to you what happens to your balance?
After all, you might prefer Prime Trust’s insured escrow to the collateral-backed investment of instant access.
Well, now the choice is yours.
If you’re happy with accessing your funds instantly, you don’t need to do anything. Since most people deposit to invest anyway, the 4% APY is a great rate while waiting for a match.
On the other hand, if you’d rather escrow your balance instead of investing it, you can now disable instant access from the Settings menu (see below).
Important things to remember
Before you decide what to do, here are a few things to note:
- Whether your balance is in instant access or Prime Trust, all withdrawals are free and unlimited.
- You won’t earn any interest if you escrow your balance with Prime Trust.
- You can go back to instant access whenever you like. Switching your balance from Flex to Prime Trust, or vice versa, is very fast — usually the same day.
- This choice applies to your whole balance only. You can’t have a portion of your balance in instant access and another portion in Prime Trust.
- To use instant access, you must invest a minimum of $10 into your account.
How to disable instant access
- Log into your account.
- Click the profile icon on the top right.
- Click Settings.
- Click Account details.
- Scroll to the bottom until you see “Earn 4% APY on your balance”
- Toggle this setting off.
- Click yes to the popup confirmation.
Share this article